Saturday, October 21, 2006
Welcome to B2B Marketing Confidential
B2B marketing is probably one of the quickest growing areas of corporations today, and yet isn't well understood outside of a select group of high priced consultancies and CRM companies. This blog aims to shine light in its dark corners. Specifically, we will focus on:
1. Marketing organizational design. How are B2B marketing organizations run today, across industries such as banking and high tech? What works and what doesn't?
2. Technology. What are the tools that are necessary? Which ones work? Which ones are a rip off?
3. Provider landscape. There are a lot of companies that claim they know how to do B2B marketing. We'll try to explore this ecosystem, illuminating major companies' strengths and weaknesses.
4. Analytics. What are the analytic methodologies that can increase your company's ROMI (return on marketing investment?) How can you build analytics into an organization?
5. News and analysis. We'll try to keep the daily events around B2B marketing covered with feedback and analysis. Who's moving where; who's buying whom; and of course, all the gossip we manage to uncover.
Thanks for checking out B2B Marketing Confidential. Check back often.