Friday, November 07, 2008

MarketingSherpa Article--Boosting Lead Scores in a Downturn

In a previous post, I had mentioned that MarketingSherpa had interviewed me on lead qualification in a downturn. Well, the article's out, and I guess I said smarter things than I thought because there is some good stuff in there. It's honestly worth reading, I swear. There are other people interviewed too, that said smarter things than I did.

Summary of the "Seven Tips for Surviving in an Economic Downturn":

Tactic #1. Emphasize quality, not quantity in your lead database
Tactic #2. Create a behavioral model based on recent activity
Tactic #3. Validate your hypotheses with third-party data
Tactic #4. Emphasize recent activity in your lead scoring
Tactic #5. Reassess value proposition for your core audiences
Tactic #6. Adapt content strategies to your lead-nurturing program
Tactic #7. Use telemarketing to get best insight into prospects’ needs

No comments: